I have had such a busy week at work that I really needed to switch off this weekend so I set about focusing on a tutorial for my Easter Chick. I have some of these made for sale on my Etsy shop too.
1. Chain 18, then join in to a circle with a slip stitch.
2. Chain 2, then double crochet around.
3. Chain 3, Triple crochet into the same stitch, *triple crochet into the next stitch, then 2 triple crochet into the next stitch.
Repeat from * around. Slip stitch to chain 2.
4. Chain 3, then triple crochet around joining with a slip stitch to initial chain 2.
5. Chain 3, triple crochet decrease, 10 triple crochet, triple
crochet decrease, 11 triple crochet, then slip stitch
into top of chain 2.
6. Flatten the piece and then slip stitch to join through 6 pairs of stitches.
7. Chain 2, double crochet around and slip stitch to join.
8. Chain 2, double crochet all round and join initial chain 2 with a slip stitch.
9. Chain 2, 2 double crochet in the next stitch, 1 double crochet in the next stitch, continue in this pattern around. Slip stitch in initial chain 2.
10. Chain 2, double crochet all around, then slip stitch to join.
11 and 12. Repeat row 9 twice.
13. Chain 2, *2 double crochet, then decrease, continue round
from * slip stitch to join in the initial chain 2.
14. Chain 2, *double crochet, decrease. Continue from* round
and slip stitch to join in the initial chain 2.
15. Chain 2, then decrease around joining with a slip stitch to
initial chain 2.
close the hole at the top of the head.
To finish:-. Using some bright orange yarn I crochet a simple beak.
1. Chain 5, then double crochet across from 2nd chain from hook.
2. Slip stitch two ends to join.
3. Double crochet across opposite stitches twice keeping loops on
hook, then pull thread through all loops. Fasten off. Sew to
Then, using some black embroidery yarn I stitched two eyes.
Finally, add your chocolate egg and Ta Dah!
Enjoy making and have a lovely Easter.
Bye for now