I then placed darts in the neckline of the bodice. This was because in the pattern pleats were supposed to be in the neckline, however, I decided I didn't want them in the dress, so I took it in to fit properly.
I repeated this in the layer of material I will have on the inside of the dress:
I chose to have a cream material as it contrasted against the dark brown cotton. I then cut out two pieces of interfacing to add to the altered neckline, ironing it on to the wrong side of the cream cotton. After doing this I pinned the two bodices together with right sides together. The pins show where I have sewn on the sewing machine:
After doing this I have sewn on the other side of the sleeves, making sure to clip the curves after. This ensures that when I turn the material the right side out that the curves in the bodice will keep their intended shape.
I then turned the bodice the right side out and pressed it thoroughly with the iron. I cut two small lines into the cream material so that I could turn it over to the inside of the dress, leaving a neat finish on the neckline. I did this by slip stitching the material, I also slip-stitched parts of the brown cotton to the cream material to make it more secure on the ribbon section of the bodice.
This is the finished effect of the bodice:
I will be back with more instructions when I have added the back panels to the front of the dress.
Bye for now,